Tuesday, December 20, 2011

New Apartment

Here I am in my new apartment. It's brand spanking new and smells that way, judging from the new apartment smell wafting off the walls. It has everything most people could ask for:

- a lift that does 24 floors in 30 seconds
- views TDF
- 2 bathrooms
- central cooling/heating for the hall
- lap pool, sauna, gym blablabla

And the best part is that my room is fucking gorgeous.
1 and 1/3 walls are floor-to-ceiling windows and 1 entire wall comprises of my wardrobe doors - made completely of tinted mirrors.

FUCKING GORGEOUS CAN?

I even bought a new corner table (I've always adored corner tables cause the curved shape lets me rest my elbow on the surface which helps tons during gaming marathons) that faces the corner of my room where the windows meet.

So basically, I spent my first night in my room with the lights off, my eager face illuminated blue by my backlit keyboard, watching a movie on my laptop with the city skyline stretched out behind the screen like a fucking newsroom backdrop.

You know where the anchormen sit behind a desk to read the headlines on TV? They have this backlit poster of NYC or some other city's twilight skyline as their backdrop. I have that too, only mine's a REAL CITY.

It's so ridiculously gorgeous I would think I'm dreaming. Except that in my dreams everything would be perfect, and I have gunk and shit on my windows now because the window cleaners won't come until the top floors of my apartment finish construction.

So yea. Besides some clumps of dirt marring my otherwise perfect view, life is pretty damn good.

EXCEPT I HAVE NO INTERNET.

How? How did I survive before the internet existed? I've only been without it for 2 days and I am already going stir-crazy. I've been busy moving and I spent the whole day out today and yet I feel so moody and irritable cause I haven't seen my boyfriend's adorable face, haven't heard Josh the goofball's voice, haven't pawned nubs on Dota/CS/HoN, haven't read spent countless hours browsing random lame jokes on the internet until the sun rises.

MY DAY IS NOT COMPLETE.

I have been so ridiculously productive the past couple of days that I should be proud of myself, but instead I'm here raging about having no internet despite my awesome surroundings. What have I done these past few days?

I made Christmas cards. That's right. I made fucking Christmas cards. And I damn well enjoyed it. What I used to do with semi-dry colour pens and A4 copy paper when I was kid, I now do with a tablet and photo-quality card stock. Fucking maju edi ok?

Tonight I went one step further and started making Chinese New Year cards. After 1 hour or so of scribbling, I sat back and looked at my work and I despaired. Don't get me wrong, it's not ugly, but it's so BORING. So uninspired and typical. I'm not about to go crazy-artist-type and cry about how art is pointless without meaning, but I kind of understand their sentiment now.

What's the point of making a pretty CNY card if it's been done before so many times? If I have nothing new to bring to the table, then I have failed as a designer. I might as well hang up my creative hat and and sign up for a lifetime as a pixel monkey, photoshopping people's noses and cloning out pimples.

Anyway if you're wondering how am I posting this up if I have no internet, I had a genius idea and turned my phone into a portable hotspot. That means I'm using my phone's 3G plan and transmitting the connection through wireless to my laptop.

Downside is, I only have about 200MB left to last 10 days. And some of that is my sister's. No worries though, I've disabled all pictures on my browser to limit bandwidth usage, and all through this post I was glancing at the little bandwidth monitor on the Mac dashboard to make sure I wouldn't go overboard.

I'd only used about 20 MB - the rate was averaging and 0-0.1 kbps and suddenly it shot up to a few hundred kbps when I wasn't looking. Now my total usage in roughly an hour is about 60 MB. It TRIPLED in a couple of minutes. Wtf is going on?

So anyway that's why I decided to sign off early on this post though I have many things to talk about, such as my friend's date from hell (I'm not going to name names cause I HAVE to tell the story - it's too funny to pass up) and post pictures of my sweet room.

I was hoping to play some CS as I did my research and people said it only uses 15-30 MB/hour which sounds pretty reasonable to me but NOOOO because of the mysterious bandwidth spike I have now used 3 days worth of mobile internet in 1 hour.

Shit.

Seeya when I next get a connection. 
*sadbunnieface*

2 comments:

Megan D said...

hello! i wanna see your apartmentttt. take pictures! lol

snowbunnie said...

Hi Meg! :P I'll take some pics as soon as I get back to Melbourne. Hopefully they would've cleaned up the windows by now...last I saw them they were covered in construction grime :p I hope the pool's ready too!