Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hectic Days

Been kinda busy lately, sleeping at 5 and waking at 1.

Had lots and lots of DotA games with Sam and Iwan...and I'm so afraid I'll get addicted all over again. But I'm going back to Melbourne in 2 weeks anyway so I can't really play. OMG 2 weeks T__T There's so much I have yet to do and so many friends I have yet to see.

Sigh. 3 months. Long, konon.

Anyway I've FINALLY finished the zine for Melbourne U/Royal Children's Hospital. It's 40 pages long, including both covers. I'm really happy with it and I can't wait to see it in full glossy print and distributed to the kids.

:D

This is the cover, drawn by one of the kids at the hospital. I just cleaned it up (it was done in colour pencils) and rearranged it a little. I'll have pics of the hard copy when it comes!

I planned for it to be A4, but the moment I got into it, I realised it's gonna look much better in A5. And it's a kids zine you know? Small hands and all...

So I kinda rushed the whole thing in 3 days, ONLY cause I wanted to get over it. Not that I was running behind schedule. *cough* But to my surprise, I really enjoyed doing it!

I should know myself better by now after all these years. Whenever I'm faced with a daunting art project, I feel like absolute crap and don't want to begin at all. But the moment I start, I throw myself into work fully and am so completely immersed that I don't leave the PC for hours on end.

Not to mention games will no longer hold the same appeal as it would when I have nothing better to do. Distractions also irritate me pretty easily but I've learned to overcome that.

So YAY! I've nothing left on my shoulders except the editorial, credits and my bra straps.

Heh. DotA, anyone? And oh yea, Meeples too!

I miss Hely and Gaykay and Jawsh and Applex and of course my dear Sam <3

No comments: