Saturday, September 24, 2011

Boredomiscruel

After much effort moving all 48 posts and 50-odd pictures to a blogspot site, my new/old blog is now up!


For things to make more sense, you probably should read from the oldest post to the newest.
(Might be off-putting seeing that the latest post is a post telling you to go straight to the blog's successor, Snarkie)

The choice of font and layout was what I felt best represented myself at that moment in time. (Well, best among the choices of default layouts and fonts I could pick from Blogger.)


Anyway, first things first. Before you proceed to discovering or discovering my 14-year-old self, please note:

1. Pictures are at thumbnail quality as I did my backup in MS Word. The hyperlinks to the original .jpeg files have been deleted of the Friendster server, so the pictures are mostly in crappy quality. You can try enlarging them to scrutinize pixels. I have no idea why you'd want to do that, but then again people do weird things.

2. I lied. I used to lie and withhold information and twist the truth in my first blog. Not often, but when I did it was mostly to protect myself and make myself look better than I really am/make things seem more interesting than they really are. I'm not going to correct my manipulated statements (I did them in the first place with a reason) so please take everything I saw with a pinch of salt. :)

3. I was possibly offensive. I named names and called people names. I was young and I had a very different mindset then. It may have seemed like a very good idea to do it at the time, but I realize now that it probably wasn't a very prudent move. Also, relationships change. People I hated last time, I may like now and vice versa. If anyone wants their name and references to their person removed, please ask (though that does not necessarily mean I will do it!) 

4. My views are different from what they are now. A lot of things I said back then are no longer valid or don't make sense anymore. For example, the opinion of my post on how gay people are still people has not changed, but the logic and reasoning behind it has.

5. I was VERY spoiled. I was bratty and angsty, much like any teenager of that age going through raging hormonal changes were. :) Please don't cluck your tongues or shake your head at the selfish and  thoughtless things I've said. There is a high chance (though not 100%) that I have changed since then, so don't hold my 14-year-old self against me.

6. I had crappy word formatting. I bolded and underlined and italicized words unnecessarily. I had a shitty sense of spacing and lots of posts look messy. Some posts have been spaced better for the sake of easier reading, but they are otherwise unchanged. Everything you see was as it was 6 years ago.

7. I made horrible pop culture references and I listened to shitty music. Also, I used teeny words like 'prettiness,' 'evilness' and 'huggles.' You have been warned. 

8. I was ugly. Oh my god, the hair, the pimples, the inability to smile...EVERYTHING. Going through photos from the earlier 2000s just made me feel like facerolling on the keyboard. Why was I so keen to dress like a boy but paint my nails glittery pink?!?!


Anyway, to remind you that I am now less ugly than I was when I was young, here's a picture of me, dated 24th September 2011:


Now, without further ado, I proudly (and hesitantly) present to you:




No comments: