Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pictures :3

As I was transferring my old blog posts over to a new blogspot site, I realised that when I was younger I like to post pics. Sometimes to illustrate a point, sometimes just for shit and giggles. I found the posts much nicer to read when broken up with some pictures, so here I go again! I have a new camera and I haven't been using it much, so let's take it for a whirl today :D


My hair, redyed back to purple by Amanda.

The colour is Deep Purple from Special Effects. My cousin brought it back from the US; it costs only about $12 a bottle, which was enough for 2 rounds of highlights on long hair.

Definitely try this brand if you've ever fancied unusual-coloured hair. The purple slowly fades to a pretty cupcake pink after a while; you'll only need to touch up after about 6 months if you don't mind the pink. :3

Viv asked me to dye my hair a healthy brown colour, but I've grown so attached to my highlights I don't think I could part with them :( Not for a long time more, anyway. So many other colours to try! 



My latest mouse - the infamous MX518. I used to think it was hideous and that the paint effect was cheap-looking. However, I decided to give it a go after many recommendations and the fact that it fit within my budget.

I don't regret it at ALL. It's a fantastic mouse; incredibly smooth and responsive. It's also very comfortable and has never, ever given me blisters no matter how long I play.

I used a Razer Salmosa and Abyssus prior to buying this.

The Salmosa was too small, but not bad. However, it's too expensive and the ergonomics are horrible.

Abyssus played well for a couple of months before it developed click problems (not registering clicks/double clicking automatically.) More ergonomic than the Salmosa, but the non-bevelled edges of the buttons chafed my skin as I grip the mouse very tightly when I'm tense. The Abyssus broke after 13 months of use (just in time for the shop warranty to expire) during a casual game of Left4Dead2. And I mean casual by 'slapping zombies with Gnome Chompsky' kind of casual. The mouse button announced it's demise by emitting a horrible CLACK and then silence. Goodbye present from my sweet bf. T_T

Anyway, the only gripe I have about the Logitech MX518 is that the scroll wheel of my mouse is too sensitive, sometimes it scrolls even when I haven't reached to the next scroll notch yet, resulting in a double scroll. This is only mildly annoying during web browsing and since I don't scroll much in games anyway, it's not a dealbreaker. :)


 These are my nails that were stained by washing my hair after dyeing it purple. I've only had 2 washes so far, so the water that runs off is still a very opaque violet. I've learned from my last experience and painted a clear layer of polish over nails beforehand, so the dye won't stain my nails directly :)


This is my workstation. The term 'work' used loosely since I play most of the time...actually ALL the time. I go to uni to do my work cause they have bigger screens and faster processors. My poor tablet, serving as a placemat for my late night instant noodle sessions (with a hotplate underneath the pan of course!) I pitied it, so I have put it in a proper stand. :D

Also, my laptop is placed on a box cause it wouldn't meet my eyelevel otherwise; I started getting neckaches from the minor bending of my neck to view the screen properly. That box cost me 10 dollars. I bought it on a whim. I saw it and fell in love with it's gorgeously soft pink and equally soft felt pattern. When people asked me what I bought it for, I said it's to store my socks. But now there's nothing in it except a bunch of paper sculptures from foundation year. Just as well that I've found a good use for it now!

As for the clutter on the left side of the desk...


I challenge you to count the amount of food I have on my desk alone. Here are some Arnott's Orange Slices, BBQ Smith Chips and White Wings Choc Chunk Drizzles. YUM! (There is also a 900g M&M bucket in the background...but it's contents were devoured long ago. Now it just holds a bunch of stuff.) I didn't see it at first, but after I took this pic, I realised there was a half-eaten pack of Mint Pods under the chips...


1-a-day multivitamin gummies from my cousin (Ridiculously, the serving size is 2 gummies a day.)
Arnott's Caramel Crowns...


Assorted chocolate and candy bars...Triple Chocolate Mars, Cherry Ripe, Boost, Frutips and some random Chupa Chups thrown in, just to name a few.


A half-eaten packet of Milky Bar and a Jar with a packet of gummies in it. I bought the jar with 3 packs of gummies in it for only $5! 1 pack of those gummies sell for about RM8 in Malaysia wtf. Candy haven if you work here and earn Aussie dollars. *__*


 Okay. I'm guilty of overspending on nail polish. I don't even paint my fingernails. I only paint my toenails, and only during non-winter months. I have no idea why I have so many bottles here in Aussie. The best part is that this is less than half the amount that I have back home in Malaysia.

My favourite brand is Sally Hansen. Lasts reasonably long, smooth texture and has lots of bright colours that I love. I just bought 3 bottles that day for only $4 each, bloody cheap -.- Arguably, OPI has better quality polish and even more gorgeous colours, but going for RM60 a pop, I would never buy it for myself.

Thanks to another cousin of mine who bought me 2 colours for my birthday! Also, my mom just bought me Justin Bieber's line of OPI polish from HongKong cause it was on sale. If my mom were a teenager in this era, she'd be mocked by teenagers worldwide for that. Justin Bieber, Twilight, Nickelback - 3 strikes you're out! However, as she is a mommy, she is just considered endearingly cool <3


Another thing I'm guilty of: Hoarding soft toys :D Just try to count the amount of toys you see here. That unicorn cost me only $1 off eBay LOL. When I met the girl to collect it, I felt pretty awkward handing her 1 measly gold coin in exchange for that glorious toy O__O Again, this amount is only a fraction of the amount of toys I have back home in Malaysia. :)


And how can I end a bimbo post without a picture of me? :D Granted, half my face is obscured by my camera, but it's a cute camera and I don't mind showing it off. It's a Canon SX230HS if anyone's interested. I chose it because of it's good reviews and the fact that it comes in pink.

It reminds me of the time when I was 13 and opened the present from my parents. A dinky little 2-MP Cybershot, powered by 2 triple-A rechargeable batteries and in soft, pastel pink. I loved it so much. It started off my photo-taking craze which lasted a few years before abruptly ending...I'm not sure when, why or how.

I have this feeling it was when my family started pressuring me to take pics of everything at every conceivable angle while on holiday. I was also the designated camera person at every concert and outing. It was fun at first, but after a while I realised that while I was capturing memories of my family and friends, I was pretty much excluded from the moment.

How can I enjoy a holiday if I lost myself trying to find the most gorgeous angle to document everything I saw? Maybe some people can, but I rather be completely in that moment, rather than trying to capture a feeling I never felt in the first place. Now, mom has her own camera and has acquired her own snap-happy habit, leaving me to enjoy new places without being nagged to take pictures of every single doorway, fountain, flower or tuktuk car.

I am now content to snap a few pics for visual memory's sake and put away the camera to enjoy the moment. :)

The end!

Yay, not an angsty post. Pat me on the back please! :P

No comments: