Friday, September 16, 2011

Welcome back emobunnie!

Shortly after I started blogging at the age of 14, I've wished to seen my blog entries printed onto paper into a nice journal and preserved for my older self/love one/my children to read in the future.

All my teenage pain, angst, happiness, hatred, folly, sadness and excitement contained in one precious tome of memories.

Imagine my sadness and shock to discover that Friendster had recently purged their databases of all blogs, leaving only the barest bones of one's past Friendster identity. Today, while I was reflecting upon my wish and loss over the deleted blog, I remember that one fine day a few years ago, I was fearful of this very event happening.

Struck by a memory, I plugged my old external hard drive into my laptop and waited in anticipation as it connected.

Lo and behold, all my Friendster blog posts from 2005-2006, painstakingly copied and pasted in individual word files with each post's title. ALL of them. I'm so excited and happy! I'm going to start a separate blog on blogger to put up all my old posts again.

:D :D :D

However, I am contemplating making it private as some of my childish rantings are pretty embarrassing -_- Hint: I was a HUGE fan of Good Charlotte and hated on 'teenyboppers' (although I DEFINITELY was one)

The pictures are all gone as I hadn't bothered backing them up, so that's a little bit sad. I probably have some of them floating around orphaned on the hard drive but I don't feel hardworking enough to hunt them all down and reassign them to their proper posts at the moment.

Yes. I used to blog with insane amounts of pictures and drawings from MS Paint. I used to be so entertaining. I remember random people complimenting my 14-year-old english and how I was an inspiration to them LOL. What a joke. Now all you have is a sarcastic, un-dedicated blogger who likes almost no one and posts up huge chunks of text with repetitive themes.

Bah.

Sorry, I've grown old. :c Anyway. Back to the blog restoration business. I shall even try to name it after the friendster blog, let's hope that name is still available!

Update:

Just finished transferring all the posts! Some of them need to be reformatted and much to my delight, all the pictures are intact! Smart 17-year-old me copied them all into a word document and it has preserved all my pictures (albeit low quality thumbnail versions) :D The original files were stored on the friendster servers, which have been wiped :(

Unfortunately, I got to see hideous pictures of 14-year-old me and now I feel damn paiseh to post them up. Oh well, for the sake of complete disclosure huh? (I'm not even sure what that means, but it sounds pretty legit.)

Anyway, I just realised how entertaining I was! I made stupid statements like 'if I were the ruler of the whole world, I'd abolish all the schools and get scientists to manufacture a microchip containing all the useful information we'd ever need and implant them into babies' heads when they are born so no one would ever have to suffer school life ever again. WTF 14-year-old me?! And on my bucket list was 'crash my arch-enemy's wedding in a banana suit.'

?!?!?!

I miss my younger self LOL. I'm so bitchy and emo and whiny but I was fucking hilarious. I remember I even had fans! FANS. People who didn't know me left encouraging and cheerful comments asking me to blog more!

And now? I have people telling me my tits are small! How times have changed. I think I should blog more random stuff with more pictures and stop complaining about the world.

Yea. I feel like I like the 14-year-old me a hell lot more than the 'now' me. Oh yea, rock on emo kid!

No comments: