Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back to the dinosaur era

My laptop's power cord died.

I am not sure what happened. :/ There was a thunderstorm, so I turned off the router, unplugged the modem and my laptop. Then I sat and played Audiosurf on batteries for an hour or so.

When the storm subsided, I plugged everything back and resumed playing...only to realize that the light on the power cord was green, meaning it was not charging (it would be orangey-yellow if it were.)

I shrugged it off, thinking that perhaps the colour would change later - maybe its reaction was delayed or something.

3 songs later, in the midst of playing, I was startled to discover that the battery icon was still displayed.

There was no light on the cord.

GG.com

I tried plugging in my handphone charger to the socket and it worked...so it wasn't the socket's problem. I plugged the laptop cord into another (definitely working) socket...and it remained dead.

So here I go, on another trip to the Mac store. -____- The last time was when my laptop was shrieking and it was slightly embarrassing to see everyone in the vicinity wincing from the high-pitched whine.

Let's hope it's something small this time. And I'd be pretty happy if they replace the charger ^__^ The new one plugs in differently and it's prettier!

Anyway, I'm back to mom's pc, which I just cleaned up and deleted 35 GB worth of stuff, INCLUDING all my games.

But no matter. The only games I can play are DotA and CS anyway, with only 512mb of RAM to work with.

So I downloaded Garena again and transferred my CS over from my external drive.

And it WAS pretty nostalgic to play CS on the first pc I started on (ignoring the ftz pc) AND with the first mouse I ever used. My tiger mouse <333


Ahaha 800 dpi wei! It's not so bad.

And with the much smaller resolution + square screen the game felt SO alien to me. -__- On the bright side, my recoil was like 0. Wtf! Who needs recoil hack when you have a cacat pc that does the same thing?

That managed to snag me an invite to the now infamous NGONG clan. Infamous for what? Their huge amount of members? Their relatively secret identities? Their suspicious behaviour in game? Whatever man...I stay out of Garena politics nowadays.

I just found it funny because Sam was just mentioning how I always get clan invites and he almost NEVER gets any. HAHA who's popular nowww? :p

And don't be sexist and say it's cause I'm a girl cause they don't know I'm a girl. So that means they don't want me to be their mascot and wave me around for kicks. (That's what I used to be - the female mascot. -_- I had up to 7 clans at one point in time and that was when I was 23094214x noober than I am now.)

Anyway. I hope that my charger gets fixed by tomorrow so I can go back to my precious laptop :)

I just realised I don't really have a best/good girly friend where I can yap nonsense to. Maybe that's why I used to resort to blogging so much. And I'm resorting to it again.

I mean there are things you talk about with your parents and your partner...but sometimes I just wanna have good, giddy girl talks with my girlfriends you know?

But the coupled up ones are just too busy and blissful to be bothered and the single ones...I don't like to talk to them cause they always pull faces when I talk about my boyfriend. As if I personally came all the way to talk to them just to rub in the fact that they're single.

As if being single is a fatal disease and I came to point and laugh at a them - a dying patient.

But I guess I got what I wanted, in a way. When I was young I wanted to be a boy's girl. One that guys can talk and relate to, and hang out with without feeling bothered.

That's why I used to run around sweaty with the boys when we were kids, played football together, and maybe...just maybe that was the reason I started gaming.

So here I am, with many male acquaintances (not many I'm close with anyway so that's a waste) and fewer female friends than I need. :/

I think I've alienated myself so much from the regular female species that I can't really relate to most of them any more.

When they talk about being fat, the latest fashions, make up, chasing boys, their new haircut...I just smile and try to contribute, but from their faces, I can see that I must have made a faux pas somewhere back there. I'm pret-ty clueless. ^__^''

And I think I care just enough about clothes and guys and my looks (and I even giggle sometimes, woot!) to separate myself from the tomboy pack as well.

And where does that leave me?

No man's landdddddd. I'm not unhappy, but I'm not ecstatic about it either.

:D

From this, maybe you can understand why I clicked so well with one of my closest friends - Viv - when I first met her in college. I'm not saying that she's as he-she-male as I am, but she seems to have both male and female characteristics (in a good way) and thus can communicate with both sexes effortlessly.

To describe our personalities, imagine 2 islands and a river in between. Each island represents a sex and I'm sitting on a boat floating in the middle of the river while she's kind of like a bridge that links both together.

^__^ There. Maybe that explained it better.

Maybe not. Probably not.

OH well!

I'm gonna shower and take an early night since the laptop's down anyway and there's no one I'd like to play with atm :/

Night.

No comments: