Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blessings

They say when you feel like everything's wrong, count your blessings. I've never really done it before, so here goes:

1. I have the best mommy in the world.

She loves me, she cares about me, and she is so strong that I have nothing but respect and love for her. Perhaps sometimes I may be a bit curt and outright rude when I was younger, but I thoroughly regret it now. Growing older has put many things in perspective for me.

2. I have a great sister who actually tries to take care of me.

I know I may be mentally slapping myself for saying it the next time we get in an argument and piss each other off, but what are siblings for, eh?

3. I have the best boyfriend I could ever have.

He gives and gives and gives and asks for nothing in return. He made me smile tonight when he called me at midnight and said he was at the McD's outside my house, picking up some nuggets and ice cream for me. How he even knew that I skipped dinner, I have no idea. (Mindhack, he says!) He forgoes sleep to stay by my side when I need him, and I think he blows his bank account dry every time I'm back in Malaysia, which is really unfair because I have lots of money but it's stuck in the bank/ATMommy and I can't take it out.

4. As far as I know, I'm healthy.

I'm not sure how long this will last though, given my family history of cancer and hypertension. So far I have low blood pressure though, so I guess I didn't inherit that from mom. (Only time will tell though.)

5. I'm pretty well off.

I live in a nice house, I have a maid, I have 3 dogs, 2 turtles and 1 fish. I have good food to eat (though I normally have no appetite.) I have my own princessy room, my own four-poster bed, and my own handphone.

6. I have my own laptop.

Granted, I paid for this out of my scholarship money, but it's still a pretty kick-ass laptop all round. :) I can game, skype, chat without having to fight for comp-time with my family.

7. I have a lot of freedom.

The first time I got all-out drunk at a club, my mom just laughed and said that well, now I've learned my limit and I won't chug down 5 cups in 15 minutes next time! I have no curfew, I can stay at my friend's homes, my boyfriend can stay at my home (only in the next room lol.)

8. I am studying a course that some people can only dream of.

I've always wanted to do something in the art industry ever since I was like...4? When I grew up and started gaming I never imagined I could study and potentially work in an area that specializes in game design and artwork.

9. I am no bimbo, although I may appear like one sometimes.

I was always within the top 5 of my year in primary, where I was enthusiastic and eager to please. I lost momentum in secondary; I had no interest and despaired going to school. Even so, I wrangled 6As for PMR with less than a week of studying and didn't do too badly for SPM, given that I was DotAing all the way through. (Playing until midnight and waking up at 6 something for the exams.)

10. I've met many good friends throughout my life.

Thank goodness I didn't turn out an airhead or slut or druggie or gangster or something equally crappy. Being in good company helped me grow up level-headed and mostly content.

:)

I think 10 is enough for now. Maybe the next time I feel down I'll post things that make me happy. ^__^ Off to shower and attempt to sleep.

Night.

2 comments:

L e o N said...

oii.. macam hari hari down saje.swt.


u have turtles! :D

i have snails and centipedes in my house xD

snowbunnie said...

Sorry la Leon, I swear I'm not normally like this. Ahaha okay I promise the next post will be non-emo okay? :3